ACUPUNCTURE FOR KIDS
Are you searching for a safe and effective treatment to help your child heal naturally? If so, you've come to the right place!
Did you know?:
- 1 in 3 children in the US suffers from a chronic illness, including Asthma, ADHD, Allergies and Autism.
- Chinese Medicine is an extremely effective way to treat common pediatric ailments, both chronic and acute.
- Unlike many pharmaceutical treatments, including antibiotics, acupuncture has NO harmful side effects.
- We call our needles "taps" to remove any correlation between acupuncture and those large, painful vaccination needles that kids are used to.
- We use many other non-invasive techniques, including acupressure, cupping, tuning forks, electrical stimulation and Japanese Shoni-shin tools for kids that aren't open to "taps".
- Conditions that respond well to acupuncture include:
- Allergies (Food and Seasonal)
- Chronic Ear Infections
- Colic and Reflux
- Cold and Flu
- Eneuresis (Bedwetting)
- Hormonal issues (puberty)
- Lazy eye
- Sinus Congestion
- AND MORE!
COMMON QUESTIONS FROM PARENTS:
How does it work?
- We treat children by focusing on alleviating symptoms AND finding the root of the problem.
- We diagnose and treat by looking for constitutional imbalances and correcting them.
- Acupuncture treatments stimulate the body's own healing mechanisms.
- Acupuncture helps to balance the nervous system and return the body to homeostasis.
- Acupuncture helps strengthen the immune system to fight off future illnesses.
What happens during a treatment?
Treatments are customized to each child's needs and temperment. After a thorough examination and history of the child's health and current condition, we will work with parents to develop a treatment plan that may include acupuncture, herbs, pediatrics tui-na (massage) and nutritional counseling.
My kid will NEVER go for needles!!
- This is a common concern for both parents and kids. Acupuncture needles that we use are so tiny that most kids don't even feel them and some even think it's fun! But we always make sure our small patients are totally comfortable with the idea before we try, and if they aren't ready, we have a variety of other tools we can use, including acupressure, cupping, tui-na medical massage, Japanese shonishin, and electrical or vibrational stimulation of acupuncture points.
Will you work with our pediatrician?
- This is a common question, and we LOVE working with and talking to Medical Doctors. We are highly trained in recognizing medical red flags for children and know when to send our patients for evaluation by their primary care docs. We find that most pediatricians are THRILLED when their patients can find relief for their symptoms without the use of antibiotics, and we look forward to becoming an integral part of your family's health team.
Is there evidence to support acupuncture for kids?
We are in a very exciting time where advancements in scientific research are starting to be able to prove what patients and practitioners of Chinese Medicine have known for centuries!
A recent study at Harvard-affiliated Children's Hospital in Boston by Yuan-Chi Lin, MD, included 243 youngsters ranging in age from six months to 18 years who were being treated for headaches, stomachaches, back pain and other chronic complaints that often caused them to miss school. Over the course of the 1-year study, average pain ratings went from an 8 to a 3. The kids also reported missing less school, sleeping better, and being able to participate in extracurricular activities, as a result of treatment.
Click here to read an article from the Washington Post about kids and acupuncture.